Happy belated Father’s day to all of you dads out there, I hope you had a great weekend. Here are 5 funny things, I heard, saw, or noticed this weekend.
5. I’ve read the books and I’ve seen the films and, while I know that the Harry Potter attraction will be good for Central Florida, Harry Potter just seems like a Winter attraction. You have to be cold in order to capture, the real enviroment. You can’t do that in 103 degree heat. When, during the films have you seen Harry and Hermione walking around, wearing a visor or bikini top? “Yeah honey, I just got back from Hogwarts, with a terrible sun burn”. Harry Potter is best served cold, in the Winter. This is probably when the lines will finally go down, and when I’ll make my way out there.
4. The Orlando media and politics have had enough of the city hall rallys for a while. There was a very well organized event on Saturday, but less than 60 were there and no media coverage. Its time for a new venue and a friendlier format.
3. During a rare phone conversation with my Father (Chicago Democrat) “Son, who are you working with this year?” “I’m working the Republicans, Dad” …”Hell no, son! I knew I should have been around more, when you were growing up!”
2. That despite, my extensive coverage of some of the elections, and some of my best opinion pieces, on PR theory…Rick Scott, and Governor Crist, checking out the ladies on the beach, are far and away, my most popular posts.
1. Tennis Player Andy Roddick on the World Cup “I know so much about football (soccer), I know that when two Slovenian guys mug an American guy, the American guy gets called for the foul…
…I didn’t know Roddick, could hit like that!
Have a great Monday!