Orlando, Florida will get it’s close up tomorrow as the national spotlight shines on the Orange County Convention Center for Presidency V. All of the GOP contenders (and some pretenders) will be in town trying to win the first major battle for Republican votes in the I4 Corridor.
The FOX News debate will be the headliner in what is also a joint venture with Youtube. CPAC FL is nestled comfortably between that debate on Thursday night and the program and straw poll on Saturday night. There are side events being put on by other parties, all with the intent of getting the voters in front of these candidates. The national convention in Tampa next year is going to be intense but as far as 2011. This is where it’s going down.
That being said it’s prediction time and I’m gonna take a few different angles. Here we go..
1. Yeah, Rick Perry is probably going to win the straw poll but, Romney isn’t going to be second: That honor will go to … Ron Paul. Bachmann, Romney, and even Orlando based Jon Huntsman will be on the ballot but not at the straw poll event. Ron Paul’s base will be and he’ll get to pound the convention center floor and shake those hands. Paul is second.
2. They’ll be a Senate frontrunner in Central Florida after this weekend: This is the Pizza Guy’s home turf and you’ll see a lot of stickers but, there are still only two serious candidates and thats Adam Hasner and George Lemieux. There are some Senate events for these candidates on the under card but, with some of the shine reflecting off of the Presidential hopefuls, one of these guys will catch the ball and run with it.
3. Whether she’s there or not Sarah Palin will garner attention: The controversial, tell -all book was released this week that accused Palin of everything from violence, to cocaine abuse, to cheating on her husband with former NBA star Glenn Rice. Yeah, she’s not scheduled but, the support for her in Central Florida will be here this weekend.
4. Megyn Kelly will throw down with one of the candidates: Fox News’ Megyn Kelly has been on a roll since she’s returned from maternity leave, making headlines for destroying her guests on America Live. She’s the best thing they got going over there will be on the panel tomorrow. I’m just sayin’ if Michele Bachmann were to get a brave or if Newt goes anti-media again. Well, Jersey Shore doesn’t have to be the only confrontational program on tomorrow night.
5. One of the Candidates will drop out after this weekend: These lower end candidates have got to be close to waking up right? Perry, Romney, Bachmann, and maaaaaaaybe Huntsman. The rest are trying to ice skate up hill. and one of them will use the media residue from this high profile event to bow out of the race gracefully.
It’s going to be an exiting event and I will be bringing it all to you right here on Orlandopolitics.net. Have fun!