With immigration reform remaining one of the biggest policy issues in 2020 and $7.2 billion in Pentagon funds potentially going toward border wall funding, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2020’s Economic Impact of Immigration by State as well as accompanying videos.
In order to determine which states benefit most from immigration, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 23 key metrics, ranging from median household income of foreign-born population to jobs generated by immigrant-owned businesses as a share of total jobs.
Immigrants’ Economic Impact on Florida (1=Biggest Impact; 25=Avg.):
- 1st – % of Jobs Generated by Immigrant-Owned Businesses Out of Total Jobs
- 27th – Net Difference Between State & Local Revenues and Expenditures per Immigrant
- 6th – % of Foreign-Born STEM Workers Out of Total STEM Workers
- 11th – % of Fortune 500 Companies Founded by Immigrants or Their Children
- 30th – % of Jobs Created by Presence of International Students Out of Total Jobs
For the full report, visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/economic-impact-of-immigration-by-state/32248/