SEMINOLE COUNTY, FL – Seminole County Office of Emergency Management has been under a Local State of Emergency (LSE) since March 2, 2020, and continues to monitor COVID-19. There are currently 373 confirmed cases in Seminole County, 365 of which are Seminole County residents; there have been eight COVID-19 deaths in the County. The County’s confirmed cases range from age one to 100. Updates can be found at prepareseminole.org and on the County’s social media channels.
HEROES THANKING HEROES PARADE
Seminole County Fire Department, Emergency Management, Sanford Police and Fire Departments, Lake Mary Police and Fire Departments, Altamonte Springs Police, and Longwood Police and Fire Departments have coordinated Heroes Thanking Heroes Parades at the following locations:
- Wednesday, April 29
- Staging at 9:30 a.m. with parade beginning at 10:00a.m.
- Starting at Central Florida Regional Hospital, followed by AdventHealth Lake Mary, then Orlando Health Lake Mary
- Each location will immediately follow the other, anticipated end time of 11:00a.m. for all three locations
- Friday, May 1
- Staging at 6:00a.m., with parade beginning at 6:30a.m.
- Only at AdventHealth Altamonte
- Tuesday, May 5
- Staging at 6:30 p.m., with parade beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- Only at Orlando Health South Seminole
FOR MEDIA USE: Paula Thompson, Seminole County Fire Department PIO will serve as the point of contact for Heroes Thanking Heroes events; email@example.com or 321-377-8324.
ALTAMONTE MALL DRIVE THRU TEST SITE
Allied Health, a non-profit provider, in partnership with Seminole County and the City of Altamonte Springs, is offering a Drive Thru Test Site at Altamonte Mall daily through Saturday, May 2, with up to 250 tests administered per day.
Patients must make a reservation in order to be tested and testing “fast passes” are offered, allowing the patient to arrive anytime during their reservation time slot. Limited reservations remain; make a reservation by visiting https://covidtest.eventbrite.com or calling 407-665-0000.
POP-UP COMMUNITY TEST SITES
Pop Up Community Test Sites are intended to serve those without transportation or accessibility to other sites or clinics; no cost testing is available in select Seminole County neighborhoods in partnership with True Health and Florida Department of Health-Seminole.
Patients must bring identification, patients do not have to exhibit symptoms. Testing is free of charge regardless of insurance status; patients with insurance should bring insurance cards. Appointments are not necessary. Sites will be operational from 10:00a.m. until 2:00p.m. on the following dates:
- Tuesday, April 28- Georgetown, Historic Sanford Stadium, 1201 Mellonville Avenue, Sanford
- Wednesday, April 29- Jamestown, Rockhill Missionary Baptist Church 3036 Weston St, Oviedo
- Thursday, April 30- Lincoln Heights, Journeys Academy, 1722 West Airport Boulevard, Sanford
- NEW SITE: Monday, May 4- Sanford, Harvest Time International, 225 Harvest Time Drive, Sanford
For those with transportation that wish to have testing administered by True Health, Emergency Management suggests making an appointment for curbside testing at a True Health clinic for convenience. Appointment times mitigate wait times at drive thru sites and True Health clinic locations offer no charge testing, as well.