The Florida Department of Transportation has announced several nightly road closures for this week and next as part of the I-4 Ultimate project.
Some of the main closures include:
- Northbound Orange Blossom Trail under State Road 408 (nightly through July 1)
- Garland Ave. from Colonial Dr. to Marks St. and the Eastbound I-4 onramp (nightly through July 3)
- Eastbound I-4 on/off ramps to/from Orange Blossom Trail (nightly through July 5)
- Westbound I-4 onramp from Princeton Ave. (nightly through July 3)
- Colonial Dr. under I-4 (nightly through July 3)
A full list of the closures in this video:
The I-4 Ultimate project is a 21-mile construction plan affecting one of Central Florida’s main highways, from Kirkman Road in Orange County to State Road 434 in Seminole County. The current estimated cost is $2.3 billion, and construction is supposed to be complete in 2021.
Follow Sarah Rumpf on Twitter: @rumpfshaker.